All of a sudden I have found myself an Odyssey of the Mind coach & I LOVE IT! I've spent the last 3 months learning as we go & we have had a blast.
We had to reschedule our Christmas party because of a snow day back in December, so we kicked off 2016 with a Christmas party. I searched & searched for team building recipes & couldn't find anything that I wanted to do with 7 4th graders. Then I thought about cooking with my own kids & what we have enjoyed. I pulled up our pizza snake from years ago & adapted it for a team building activity.
This was an after school snack so we just made 2 between the 7 students. Also, to make it "team building," they could only use 1 hand. So they had to work together to pop open the can of dough etc. (disclaimer: I did jump in a time or 2 to save it & used both hands!) TOOOO FUN!
- 2 tubes (11 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust (thick)
- Pizza sauce (just a store bought jar)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Italian 5 cheese
- 1 bag of pepperonis
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten with a splash of water
- Roll out the dough
- Top with sauce, cheese & your choice of toppings
- Roll, the long end tightly. By this, I mean that it's a rectangle, so don't roll the short side, roll the long side. It's a long snake! :)
- Shape into an S.
- Bake at 425º for 15-18 minutes
**Next we're going to try a taco pizza snake & put him in a bed of (lettuce) grass! I'll add pics or a new post. We shall see!
Go make it! XO - Momma Perez OM coach :D